You think Sunday would be a day off, but instead, I spent the whole day inside working! With 125 emails to start the day (that is after I had deleted junk mail and answered the easy ones), I dug in and by day’s end got down to 68 emails left.
What I am trying to do now is fill in the last few positions that I need to get off my plate. It is so nice that Diana handles all donor support. Any email I get goes straight to her. And terry handles Tech support. Add to that Jarrod Hunt handling stage management and payroll and David Taylor handling IT support for the studio, and the infrastructure of Ares studios is pretty well set.
The problem for me is moving as much of the production off my plate as possible. Mike Demeritt, our line producer, is now handling most of the production planning, and with our resolving our make up situation, the big decisions are getting fewer and it comes down now to execution and people doing the work they need to do.
I added Sarah Char as VFX coordinator this past week. She is coordinating the process of designing, building and installing all the bridge monitors, and there are a LOT. That means working with Terry, who is in charge of hardware for the bridge, and Dean, who is building the bridge, and myself, who is in charge of the art for the monitor graphics (along with Terry who specs out HOW we will do the graphics). It is a lot of work. Because you have to:
1) Design the graphic in 2D.
2) Animate the graphic in 3D.
3) Convert it to a usable format (HTML).
4) Have the right type of hardware (Terry took the advice of a friend in the industry, Emil on that).
5) Buy all the hardware. test it to make sure it works, load the graphics on and then know what goes where!
6) Make sure construction knows the size and shape of the monitors so they build what they need to hold them in place!
7) Make sure the electrical is handled and provided for in the bridge design.
8) Install the monitors and test.
9) Manage the video monitors during the shoot!
Terry will give you all an in depth behind the scenes on this in the future, but boy is it a lot of work!
So I am looking for a volunteer coordinator now and more qualified construction help. Let me know if you are local and want to jump in!
After the day at work, it was an hour of cardio and then off to Tower bar with my lady Diana to celebrate (a little late) our 1 year anniversary.